I desire to know God and to make Him known among the nations; making disciples, who make disciples, who make disciples.
Who I am
- I'm a missionary with The Evangelical Alliance Mission.
- I have an MA in Pastoral Counseling from Columbia International University, as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in Bible and Youth Ministry.
- I recently spent 3 years in Kandern, Germany, where I taught Yearbook and Art History at The Black Forest Academy.
- From 2007 to 2011, I worked at All American Imaging as a customer service rep, shoot coordinator, sales clerk, store manager, photographer, and lab manager.
- From 2005 through 2008 I was a youth pastor to young women at East Lake Community Church.
- I've been living life with teenagers, sharing the truth of new life in Jesus Christ, for the last 14 years.
- I grew up in a Christian and Missionary Alliance church, where I learned about who God is and what He is doing around the world.
- My parents love Jesus with all their hearts and have raised me to do the same.
- I've wanted to be a missionary since I was 15 years old. To hear more of my story, check out my blog: https://leximcnair.wordpress.com/about/
What I Will Be Doing
- Beginning November 2018, I will spend 6 months in Leipzig, where I will attend language school. I will be a short train ride away from Dresden.
- After my German has reached a conversational level and I have passed the B2 proficiency exam, I will join my team in Dresden.
- My first year in Dresden will involve a lot of transition and learning. Therefore, I will first become an intern for the Evangelical Free Church of Dresden. My internship will give me the opportunity to learn more about German youth culture and the ministry methods of the FeG. This internship will include involvement in youth group, VBS, DASS (summer) Camp, and special events.
- I will regularly meet with Jeff Ingram (Dresden Initiative Leader) and his team for prayer, coaching, and debriefing.
- During my year of internship, I will work on launching a youth program for EV Free Dresden-South. This will involve networking, evangelism, and discipleship.
- Currently, our team is brainstorming and researching how to open a coffee shop, which we intend to use as a center for outreach.
Anne Ingram has worked with a refugee center for over a year now. Refugees have been in Dresden longer than the recent Syrian crisis. However, the recent refugee crisis has brought thousands more into the city. These people have physical needs, language struggles, and a need for the Gospel. Due to Anne's success with the refugees, a local high school has invited our team to lead an English club after school, for students who are behind. I will jump right into this program with my team as well.